The University Staff Advisory Council represents the needs of staff to senior administration, advocates for fair and equitable policies, and thinks proactively about how to make UR an employer of choice.
- ICYMI, but who could miss this: great shout-out from the Today Show this morning.
- Our friends in Recreation and Wellness are hiring for two positions in member services. Please share with friends or colleagues who may be looking.
- From our friends at 8:15: Join us for Friends Friday Frappy Hour! Beat the heat and bring a friend to 8:15 at Boatwright between the hours of 1-3 p.m. on Fridays through Aug. 21 for Buy One, Get One Free Frappuccinos! Try their new Java Chip Frappuccino or Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino.
- Check out this Q&A with our former chaplain David Burhans, who retired for real last month after more than 40 years of service. A class act all around!
- With great pleasure, your University Staff Advisory Council announces our newly elected members. Please join us in congratulating our new and returning members! NON-EXEMPT Kelly Sprouse (Rec & Well) Bianca Spurlock (Boatwright Memorial Library) Ingrid Lasrado (VP’s office, Business & Finance) Cindy Sharp (Admission) Kate Sirc (Athletics) Jackson Knox (Bookstore) Sonia Phung (Modern Literature and Cultures) Barb Michelson (Academic Advising) Harold Wainwright (Facilities) EXEMPT Charm Bullard (Westhampton College) John Hurst (IS/Help Desk) Cindy Stearns (Dining Services) Abby Ward (International Ed) Matt Barany (Athletics) Marcus Thomas (Architect/Facilities) Additionally, we have appointed Karen Berry (School of Law) to fill the remainder of a non-exempt term. Cheers, Your USAC Executive Team
- Congrats! University of Richmond was named a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education. #spiderpride
- Earlier today, Andi Minor and Paul Brockwell stuffed training packets for next Tuesday's meeting. Get ready!
- Great kick-off today for #summerinthecity. Thanks to University of Richmond Downtown for organizing such a great series to get us engaging with #rva... Next week? They're checking out Old City Hall on Capitol Square.
- A warm welcome from USAC to our new president! He'll be on campus soon with a "New Staff" name tag. :)
- Dining Services is looking for full and part time food service professionals to fill various roles in our operations. Apply online at http://jobs.richmond.edu or join us for the Dining Service Job Fair on July 7th in Queally Hall at the Robins School of Business. Please share!
- UR Involved just finished a hot, but great behind-the-scenes tour from Steve Glass, Mike Torquato, and Karen Williams from the Landscaping crew.
- Another great UR Involved event has been added for next week! Don't miss the chance to go behind the scenes with our expert landscaping team. More details at http://bit.ly/1MRG8pR. (Also, photo credit to Kevin Heraldo from University Communications)
- Busch Gardens Day is August 7! Reserve your tickets online before July 17.
- The 29th Annual Spider Classic Fishing Tournament is Saturday, June 20 at 7am. Hope to see lots of fishermen and women around Westhampton Lake next weekend!
- Thank you and congrats to all of our USAC members who are concluding their terms of service this month...Katie Bell, Mickie Campos, Michele Cox, Du'Neika Easley, Debbie Hardy, Susan Kirby, Ebony Kirkland, Bob Plymale, Roger Mancastroppa, and Marti Tomlin-Allen!
Upcoming USAC Events
The University Staff Advisory Council invites all staff to submit a suggestion form with ideas, issues, or questions. All entries will be treated with discretion and confidentiality.