The University Staff Advisory Council represents the needs of staff to senior administration, advocates for fair and equitable policies, and thinks proactively about how to make UR an employer of choice.
- A warm welcome from USAC to our new president! He'll be on campus soon with a "New Staff" name tag. :)
- Dining Services is looking for full and part time food service professionals to fill various roles in our operations. Apply online at http://jobs.richmond.edu or join us for the Dining Service Job Fair on July 7th in Queally Hall at the Robins School of Business. Please share!
- UR Involved just finished a hot, but great behind-the-scenes tour from Steve Glass, Mike Torquato, and Karen Williams from the Landscaping crew.
- Another great UR Involved event has been added for next week! Don't miss the chance to go behind the scenes with our expert landscaping team. More details at http://bit.ly/1MRG8pR. (Also, photo credit to Kevin Heraldo from University Communications)
- Busch Gardens Day is August 7! Reserve your tickets online before July 17.
- The 29th Annual Spider Classic Fishing Tournament is Saturday, June 20 at 7am. Hope to see lots of fishermen and women around Westhampton Lake next weekend!
- Thank you and congrats to all of our USAC members who are concluding their terms of service this month...Katie Bell, Mickie Campos, Michele Cox, Du'Neika Easley, Debbie Hardy, Susan Kirby, Ebony Kirkland, Bob Plymale, Roger Mancastroppa, and Marti Tomlin-Allen!
- No matter who you vote for, make sure you vote! There are a number of primaries today for state legislative seats in the Richmond area. You're probably sick of all of the mailers, but this is your best opportunity to have a choice when it comes to electing your next representative in the Virginia General Assembly. For more information, visit http://elections.virginia.gov/index.php/casting-a-ballot/candidate-list.
- HR, Rec & Wellness, and VA Credit Union invite you to join them for the July Financial Wellness session on the Psychology of Spending. July 23 at noon in International Center Commons - register in UR Talent Web.
- Check out the June Employee Wellness newsletter for upcoming events, skin cancer prevention tips, and more!
- The downpour couldn't stop around 150 staff from completing the Corporate Four Miler tonight at Innsbrook. Whether you walked or ran, cheers for getting out there and moving! And a special thanks to HR and the Rec/Well team for making this a fun employee wellness opportunity four years running. #weareur
- Minutes from the May USAC meeting are posted to the USAC website!
- Join the Elder Care/Caregiving support group for our monthly brown-bag on Wednesday at noon in THC 310. We provide a comfortable setting for you to be around others dealing with similar issues. We share tips, lend support, and offer helpful information gained through experience. Bring your lunch and we will provide cookies and drinks.
- Hope to see lots of you at SpringFest this afternoon! Can't wait!
- The Spider Kids Club kicks off the 2015-16 season on Friday, June 5! Bring a blanket and your family to enjoy the DreamWorks animated film, "HOME," right on the field at Robins Stadium! For only $5, kid's club members receive great benefits all year, including free tickets to select Football and Men's Basketball games, as well as free admission to all Women's Basketball games! Gates open at 6 p.m. with the movie beginning at 7 p.m. Come early for an exciting announcement regarding the kid's club, and to see WebstUR!
Upcoming USAC Events
- J u l09
- J u l14
- J u l23
- J u l23
- J u l30
- A u g11
- S e p08
- O c t13
- N o v10
- D e c08
The University Staff Advisory Council invites all staff to submit a suggestion form with ideas, issues, or questions. All entries will be treated with discretion and confidentiality.