The University Staff Advisory Council represents the needs of staff to senior administration, advocates for fair and equitable policies, and thinks proactively about how to make UR an employer of choice.
- UR hosts the Special Olympics every summer, and the Torch Run takes place prior to opening ceremonies, where law enforcement agencies from across the state run with a torch - eventually ending at the Robins Center to kick off the event. If you're interested in purchasing some gear to support URPD's efforts, contact Sgt. Randy Baran.
- We're currently seeking nominations for staff to serve on the University Staff Advisory Council from July 2015 through June 2017. The nomination deadline is tomorrow! Once staff have accepted their nominations, we'll be in touch again with the whole staff on how to vote.
- You should have received an email yesterday about the University's transition from Netfiles to Box. Register for a training session on Tuesday 3/31 or Wednesday 4/1 to learn about how to navigate your new Box account!
- Don't forget to participate in this year's "Great Colleges to Work For" survey. USAC is hosting a survey "help desk" to support staff members who don't have daily access to a computer. Visit the Jepson G24-A computer lab at some point during the time frames listed below to complete the survey. Fellow staff will be on hand should you need assistance; light snacks will be provided. Friday, March 27 from 1:30 to 4pm Monday, March 30 from 11am to 1pm
- Chef Mike Curtin, CEO of DC Central Kitchen, will speak on campus tomorrow at 6pm in Alice Haynes. DC Central Kitchen is America's leader in reducing hunger by recovering food from restaurants, supermarkets, wholesalers, and local farms that would have gone to waste. Hosted by One Book, One Richmond.
- By now you should have received an email from ModernThink, inviting you to complete the Great Colleges to Work For survey. This is an important opportunity to share both the great stuff and the not-so-great stuff about working at UR, so that we can continue to improve! Please complete the survey within the next two weeks.
- USAC welcomes Mike Dixon, who joined the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology last month!
- Reminder about the employee wellness fair coming up this week!
- Join the Parenting Affinity Group next week for a session on how to conquer the kid clutter in your home!
- This year's Lavender Graduation Ceremony will take place on April 16 at 5pm. This is an opportunity to celebrate, and to honor allies who have supported LGBTQ campus life. Nominate a faculty/staff member or a student for Ally of the Year by March 29: http://commonground.richmond.edu/queer-ur/ally-award-app.html
- Edible Bytes is Dining Services' new nutrition app now available for menu items at campus retail dining locations and d-hall. It displays the nutrition facts label, ingredient lists and allergens. For instructions on setting up the app on your device, visit: http://dining.richmond.edu/nutrition/edible-bytes-mobile.html
- All staff and faculty are invited to join USAC's Elder Care support group tomorrow at noon in the Jepson Hall Faculty Lounge to learn about a Medicare and Medicaid state option that provides comprehensive care for individuals over the age of 55.
- We're currently seeking nominations for staff to serve on the University Staff Advisory Council from July 2015 through June 2017. Nominate yourself or a colleague today!
- Dispose of your old electronic items in an environmentally-friendly way at the E-Waste Collection event on Wednesday from 10am to 2pm!
- Kudos to the staff from Dining Services and the Business School, who packed up 640 weekend meals at Feedmore on Wednesday!
- Drop on by the Cellar starting in a few minutes! We've got food and plenty of prizes!
- UR will participate in a city-wide Start by Believing campaign on April 21, at which volunteers will encourage faculty, staff, and students to pledge that they'll respond with kindness and support if someone confides in them about a sexual assault. If you'd like to volunteer, email email@example.com.
- There are just a few UR Campus Community Garden spots left. If you're interested in a 2015 plot, please complete the garden interest form!
- Come shake off the cold weather and join faculty and staff for a Cellar social this Thursday at 4:30pm. The Cellar is opening up just for us, and the menu will include: barbecue pork and chicken sliders, roasted veggie pita bar, chips and house-made salsa, and brownies! There will also be prizes and information on making the most of the new employee wellness initiative co-sponsored through HR and Rec & Wellness.
- Join USAC's Elder Care Affinity Group on March 18 at noon to learn about a Medicare and Medicaid state option that allows those who need nursing home level of care to remain safely in their own homes. This is an all-inclusive service providing comprehensive care for individuals over the age of 55. The PACE Center is licensed by the Department of Social Services. The services offered are too numerous to list, so please come to the information session to get all the details. Feel free to bring family members or friends.
Upcoming USAC Events
- M a r30
- A p r01
- A p r14
- A p r15
- M a y12
- J u n09
The University Staff Advisory Council invites all staff to submit a suggestion form with ideas, issues, or questions. All entries will be treated with discretion and confidentiality.