The University Staff Advisory Council represents the needs of staff to senior administration, advocates for fair and equitable policies, and thinks proactively about how to make UR an employer of choice.
- Hope to see lots of you at SpringFest this afternoon! Can't wait!
- The Spider Kids Club kicks off the 2015-16 season on Friday, June 5! Bring a blanket and your family to enjoy the DreamWorks animated film, "HOME," right on the field at Robins Stadium! For only $5, kid's club members receive great benefits all year, including free tickets to select Football and Men's Basketball games, as well as free admission to all Women's Basketball games! Gates open at 6 p.m. with the movie beginning at 7 p.m. Come early for an exciting announcement regarding the kid's club, and to see WebstUR!
- All staff are invited to cast their votes for new USAC members who will serve a two-year term beginning July 1, 2015 and ending June 30, 2017. You should have received an email on May 6 with a link to the voting site. Please disregard the first email you received and refer to the second. Your log-in is your Net ID and 16-character password. If you have any questions, please contact Tim Meacham, x8715 or email@example.com.
- UR Attendee Registration for the UR Business Opportunity EXPO! Friday between 1 & 4pm at the Jepson Alumni Center. The Expo is designed to give diverse businesses the opportunity to introduce their products and services to the UR community. This year, there will be approximately 40 exhibiting vendors in the areas of office supplies and promotional products, transportation, hotels, printing, florists, etc. Come to network with these locally-owned businesses and enter to win one of the many door prizes. Your entry is eligible by visiting 5 out of the 40 vendor booths. Double your chances of winning a door prize by bringing a canned food item to support Feed More, Central Virginia's hunger relief leader. Refreshments will be served.
- Congrats to the dining services team on their #40 ranking in Business Insider's list of colleges with the best food!
- CONSTRUCTION ALERT: Several road closures will impact campus through August 17. These road closures—which apply to all vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic—are to ensure the safety of our faculty, staff, students, and visitors while areas of campus undergo major construction over the summer months. Please obey all detour signage. UR Drive is closed between Crenshaw Way and Westhampton Way. Westhampton Way is closed between the Westhampton Center (near Keller Road) and Cannon Memorial Chapel. Visitors to the south side (River Road) of campus should use the Westhampton Gate or UR Drive entrances. Traffic heading to the north side (Robins Stadium) of campus should use the Gateway entrance.
- USAC is hosting a budget update from David Hale and Mark Detterick at 2:30pm today in THC 305. All are welcome!
- Human Resources, Recreation and Wellness, and HCA-Virginia are hosting a food for thought luncheon from noon to 1 p.m. on May 20 in the International Center Commons. Learn about "Allergies and Asthma"...If you live in Virginia long enough, chances are you may have first-hand experience with allergies or asthma! Sometimes the same substances that trigger your allergies may also cause asthma signs and symptoms. Please join us as we help uncover the similarities, differences, and the ways to get your symptoms under control. To register, visit UR Talent Web: http://richmond.csod.com.
- A quick reminder that USAC invites you to join us for a budget update from David Hale and Mark Detterick at 2:30pm next Tuesday, May 12 in THC 305.
- All staff are invited to cast their votes for new members who will serve a two-year term beginning July 1, 2015 and ending June 30, 2017. You should have received an email today with a link to the voting site. Please disregard the first email you received and refer to the second. Your log-in is your Net ID and 16-character password. If you have any questions, please contact Tim Meacham, x8715 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thank you President Ayers for 8 great years!
- Check out the May UR Well Employee newsletter!
- Friendly PSA: Registration for Summer Think Again courses, including popular camps for children, opened today!
- Major construction on campus, including road closures, will begin May 12. University Facilities is hosting three town hall meetings to share more about the project: - Monday, April 20, 10-11 a.m., Robins School of Business, Queally Hall, Ukrop Auditorium - Wednesday, April 22, Noon-1 p.m., Jepson Hall, Room 120 - Thursday, April 23, 4-5 p.m., Gottwald Science Center, Auditorium
- Earth Day is next Wednesday, April 22 and Dining Services is celebrating by offering our campus community some deals that are great for your wallet and the environment. Check it out!
- All staff are invited to join USAC for a budget update from David Hale and Mark Detterick at 2:30pm on May 12!
- National Administrative Professionals Day is on Wednesday, April 22. Be sure to say "thanks" in some way to those who help our University run smoothly!
- UR’s own Jane Berry, Associate Professor of Psychology, will speak with the Elder Care group on memory and dementia, and challenges of caring for aging loved ones, on Wednesday at noon. Join us!
- UR Downtown is part of the Metrocash Coalition, a group of Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites providing free tax preparation services throughout the Greater Richmond area. Individuals and families who earned less than $53,000 in 2014 are invited to visit URD on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30-7 p.m. and on Saturdays from 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Taxpayers may use H&R Block's My Free Taxes to enter and e-file their own taxes with guidance from a trained coach, or have their taxes prepared by a certified volunteer.
- Box accounts have been created for all staff, faculty and students and these Box accounts will eventually replace Netfiles. Individuals will move their own files from Netfiles to Box so they can review and make decisions about what is being copied. If you don't regularly delete unneeded files, this is a great opportunity to do some housecleaning.
Upcoming USAC Events
- J u n04
- J u n09
The University Staff Advisory Council invites all staff to submit a suggestion form with ideas, issues, or questions. All entries will be treated with discretion and confidentiality.